William Jay Cassingham
William Jay Cassingham was
born 12 Dec 1853 in Elgin, Kane, Illinois. He is the son of William
Burdette Cassingham and Elizabeth Cummings. He died 9 Dec 1929 - just days shy of his
76th birthday - in Torrance, Los Angeles, California and was buried on his
birthday, 12 Dec 1929, at Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, Los Angeles, California.
On 6 Aug 1879, he married Elizabeth Robinson Kelley in Council
Grove, Morris, Kansas. Elizabeth was born 1 Aug 1859 in Lees Summit, Jackson, Missouri.
She is the daughter of Richard Owings Kelley and Frances de Honey. Elizabeth died 18 Jun
1918 at age 58 in Grigsby, Scott, Kansas.
Children of William Jay Cassingham and Elizabeth Robinson Kelley:
- William Burdette Cassingham was born in 1880 in Council Grove, Morris, Kansas. He
died when just 8 days old in Council Grove, Morris, Kansas.
- Anne Amerilus Cassingham was born in Apr 1881 in Council Grove, Morris, Kansas.
She was fatally burned in Nov 1885 when 4 years old.
T.J. and Pearl Cassingham
- Thomas James Cassingham was born 20 Jul 1885 in Council Grove, Morris, Kansas. On
20 Aug 1938, Tom, as he was known, married Pearl Edens in Bartlesville, Washington,
Oklahoma. Pearl was born 8 Aug 1892 in Missouri. Prior to her marriage to Tom, Pearl was
married to a Mr. Davis, with whom she had seven children. She died 30 Sep 1971 at age 79
in Salinas, Monterey, California. Tom died 14 Feb 1960 in Copan, Washington, Oklahoma and
is buried in the Dewey Cemetery, Dewey, Washington, Oklahoma. He had no children of his
- Nina Estil Cassingham was born 3 Aug 1888 in Council
Grove, Morris, Kansas.
- William Owen Cassingham was born 20 Mar 1892 in Council
Grove, Morris, Kansas.
William Jay: Birth, Death and Burial come from William's own death certificate. His daughter, Nina, was the
Elizabeth: Birth and Death come from Elizabeth's death certificate. Her husband, William, was the
William Burdette: Age at death from his sister, Nina.
Anne: Cause of death from her sister, Nina.
Thomas: Birth, Marriage, Death and Burial are from Thomas' obituary. Though the obituary lists his birth as 29
July; we believe it is actually 20 July.
Pearl: Birth and Death from the Social Security Death Index (SSN
515-30-8856). Last residence is assumed to be the deathplace.
Birth and Death also from California Deaths, 1940 - 1997.
The individuals in this family appear in the following census listings.
- William Jay: 1860 Census. Greenfield,
Grundy, Illinois. Page 46.
- William Jay: 1870 Census. Elgin, Kane,
Illinois. Page 316.
- William Jay: 1870 Census. Council
Grove, Morris, Kansas. Page 8.
- 1880 Census. Valley, Morris, Kansas.
- 1900 Census. LaCrosse, Rush, Kansas.
- 1910 Census. LaCrosse, Rush, Kansas.
- Thomas: 1920 Census. Keystone, Scott,
Kansas. Page 2.